Beebe Healthcare Art Submissions
Beebe Healthcare is seeking art to enhance the new South Coastal Campus. This Art Solicitation Request outlines the process and background information for the selection of artwork for Beebe Healthcare’s new South Coastal Health Campus.
About the new South Coastal Health Campus
Beebe Healthcare, located in Lewes, Delaware, is expanding its services that brings a state-of-the-art cancer center along with a freestanding emergency department to the Millville area. Beebe broke ground in November 2018, and the emergency department and cancer center is scheduled to open in the summer of 2020. Beebe's South Coastal Art Committee is seeking approximately 25 wall hung art pieces to be reproduced on aluminum. Art will hang in lobbies, hallways, waiting areas, conference rooms, and clinical areas.
Art shall be selected based on its suitability for a healing environment. This is often a highly stressful environment for patients and guests. Selected artwork shall positively affect viewers, even promoting a calming response from them. Viewing familiar surroundings can help reduce stress and build a sense of security and comfort. Artwork that has threatening imagery, can be perceived as dangerous, controversial, political or religious imagery will not be considered.
Beebe shall select artwork that will comprise a curated collection. This collection will be curated by the South Coastal Art Advisory Committee. The Committee shall use the following guidelines for selection (in no particular order or priority):
Guidelines for Submissions
- landscapes (regional, generic, or seasonal)
- waterscapes (regional, generic, or seasonal), preferably with calm or non-turbulent water
- floral (familiar flowers, garden/bouquet style)
- flowers in vases (used sparingly for variety)
- figurative art (observational rather than interpersonal, people in positive relaxed nature surroundings, diverse, leisurely, etc.)
- Nature themes with regional and/or historical imagery.
Please note the following:
- Priority will be given to local artists and other artists with a strong connection to the local community.
- Selected art shall be wall hung and printed on aluminum.
- Artists shall submit images of their artwork here by registering and logging in at the top right of this page. Please post the submissions to the “Beebe Healthcare Art Submission” file.
- Artists are allowed to submit up to ten pieces.
- Selected pieces will need to be provided in a large format to fit the space. A minimum file size of 24,000 pixels shall be provided to allow appropriate scaling for printing.
- To insure compatibility within a healthcare environment, electronic images of the artwork will be procured. Selected pieces will then be forwarded to a pre?selected printer to produce. The printer and Beebe will assume responsibility for printing and mounting the selected pieces.
- No physical submissions of art will be accepted during the evaluation process.
Please email any questions to email@example.com
All purchases and/or donations are required to be outright and unconditional such that art may be used at the discretion of Beebe. Title to all acquisitions shall be free and clear, without restriction on use or future disposition. Please note selected artist who donate art will be sent an acknowledgement letter describing their gift of art without a dollar value.
USE THE MENU BAR AT THE TOP OF THIS APPLICATION TO REGISTER AND LOGIN.
- September 15, 2019 - Submittals to be posted on artcall.org
- October 2019 - Determine awards/purchases and accept donations
- November 2019 - Issue award/acceptance notifications
- November / December 2019 - Artist/print production
- January / February 2020 - Installation of all artwork phase
- Spring 2020 - Opening event at facility